The Mt. Juliet Police Department Explorer Post 465 is currently recruiting students to join their post. The police department has a long tradition of promoting excellence in our area’s youth, and is looking for students who have a strong interest in the law enforcement career.
MJPD officers guide youth members in Exploring’s five areas of emphasis: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience. To these ends, Explorers have unique opportunities to receive training in various policing skills, ride along with officers on patrol, assist the police department at special events and parades, provide service to their community and take leadership roles within the organization.
Primary Requirements for Becoming a Police Explorer:
· Be at least 15 to 19 Years of Age when joining the program
· Have a general interest and appreciation for law enforcement
· Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0
· Not engage in alcohol and drugs
· Be of good moral character
· Have no pending criminal charges or convictions
· Parental consent and support to participate
Those interested in becoming a police explorer should contact Cpl. Tyler Chandler at (615) 773-6260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruiting will be conducted throughout the month of May, and new explorers will begin participation with the program in June.