My bracket is sinking fast
* The wife and kids are back in town after spending four nights in Alabama as the Blue Devil baseball team took part in the Beef O'Brady's - Buccaneer Classic / hosted by Hoover High. They came away very impressed with the level of baseball in Alabama as well as the outstanding playing fields made available for the tournament.
* Just as the family gets back in town, I'm heading out. I'll be part of the Cumberland baseball broadcast crew Friday and Saturday as the Bulldogs play at Blue Mountain, MS. Would love to see more good weather and good pitching.
* BTW -- congratulations to CU's Woody Hunt for reaching another coaching milestone. 1,301 career victories and still counting. Following Wednesday's 11-5 win over Shawnee State, visited for a few minutes with 2010 World Series MVP and all-around good guy "Cowboy" Kris Miller. He's presently helping his mom settle into a new home in S. Carolina. Understand he's playing high level softball. Tha guy could HIT!
* Plans are coming together for the 9th annual Blue Devil Football Foundation's Good Friday Golf Tournament Friday, April 22 at the LG&CC. They've got a lunch-only option this year. $10 for the 11 a.m. lunch and a chance to visit with new LHS head football coach Troy Crane. Call Bob Lea at 615-352-6047 to make a reservation.
* Check the Wednesday, March 23 print edition of The Wilson Post for schedules of the annual Wilson County Invitational (baseball) Tournament. Lebanon, Wilson Central, Mt. Juliet and Friendship Christian will all host pool play. I don't think they've ever made it all the way through this tournament without missing a few games due to rain.
FEEDBACK -- email@example.com